Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sengstack's Video Shooting Tips

Things I already knew:
  • I already knew that you can create a sequence of wide, medium, and tight shots by starting with a wide shot and then slowly zooming in on something.
  • I already knew about shooting using the rule of thirds, where you split the view up in thirds in your mind. If your shooting a person, their eyes should be on the top third of the line.
Things I don't know:
  • I didn't know about aerial shots where you shoot shots from something in the air like a helicopter. A few rules about this are that you should always think about safety first, and you should try to keep the camera slightly inside the doorframe so there is less wind.
  • I didn't know much about trucking shots which are shots that move with action.

No comments:

Post a Comment